Cosmetology & Hairstyling Program at Shore Beauty School
- Cosmetology & Hairstyling is a 1,200 hour program teaching the art, science and business of professional beauty care.
- Under “junior status,” your first 600 hours of training will emphasize theory (based on textbooks and lectures) and building basic practical skills as a cosmetology professional.
- Under “senior status,” your next 600 hours of training will continue building on cosmetology fundamentals, while providing you the opportunity to work on live patrons in our clinic under the supervision of your instructor.
- You will “learn-by-doing,” practicing your rapidly developing skills on both mannequins and live patrons.
- Audio visual aids and guest artists will supplement your regular instructors.
- For U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics information on Cosmetology and Hairstyling careers (SOC Code: 39-5012 and CIP Code: 12.0401) go to http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/39-5012.00 and http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos332.htm.