Cosmetology Jobs for Beauty School Graduates
- Numerous job opportunities have been available to cosmetology professionals in both good and bad economic times.
- Historically, demand for skilled beauty professionals has exceeded supply in a growing multi-billion dollar beauty industry.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, demand for cosmetologists is expected to increase by 20% between 2008 and 2018, far faster than the average for all occupations.
- The Bureau further reports that about 44% of cosmetologists are self-employed.
- NJ State requirements to work as a cosmetologist: (i) graduate from beauty school; (ii) pass both written and practical examinations for licensure; and (iii) hold a valid NJ State license.
- Click here to view the American Association of Cosmetology School's dynamic video on "Beauty Changes Lives."